Mortgage Loan Originator
Branch or WFH
Monday–Friday, some Saturdays, flexible schedule; typically, between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM
Residential Mortgage Loan Manager
The Mortgage Loan Originator is the primary company representative to real estate community. Objective is to develop referral relationships among the professional community including realtors, homebuilders, accountants, attorneys, home improvement contractors, other lenders, credit unions, and community development agencies. This position is responsible for obtaining outside leads and does not depend solely on leads provided by Herring Bank. This position facilitates individual applications, and acts as liaison between processing, underwriting, closing and the borrower.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Developing a specific client base
- Weekly distribution of rates and programs to clients
- Meet with Sales Managers, Referral Partners to promote awareness of company products
- Regular attendance of realtor and builder open house events
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan application and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicant’s financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan.
- Explain to customers the various types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicant’s credit history, financial statements, and property information.
- Assure complete application is submitted in compliance with company guidelines
- Correctly communicate lock-in of interest rates with borrower, company and investor/secondary marketing.
- Perform weekly status checks on all cases in process and report progress to all interested parties.
- Participate in coordinating closings/settlements with borrowers/agents/title-escrow companies.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and team player
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- Foster teamwork in the branch to ensure a positive overall customer experience and positive work environment.
- Answer telephones, answer questions and direct callers to proper Bank personnel
- Participate in bank training to enhance skill set and meet compliance requirements.
- Punctuality and good attendance are imperative
- Cross-sell the Bank's other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated
- Non-Exempt - Ability to work your schedule up to 40 hours with little or no overtime and complete tasks assigned.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
Must be able to pass a background and Credit check
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 5 years of experience in Sales or Account Management experience, required. Associates Degree with at least 3 years of Sales or Account Management experience or Bachelors degree, preferred.
- Ability to learn systems quickly
- Ability to create business connections and grow your portfolio
- Current NMLS, or the ability to obtain an NMLS within 60 days.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and team player
- Excellent social and networking skills to support the community bank image
- Complete in-house training based on requirements set up for this position
- Proven ability to provide an Excellent Customer Experience
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets and variables.
- Must follow company policies, all state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines
- Current driver's license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
The incumbent must be able to perform this position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others.
The position of Mortgage Loan Originator performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
The position of Mortgage Loan Originator has no supervisory responsibility.
Environment and Physical Activity
The environment for this position is an open office that is mostly clean and comfortable and includes driving a Bank or personal-owned vehicle up to 50% of the time which includes exposure to the outside weather elements and moving mechanical parts. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 10 pounds), driving, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, and reaching.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 10 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), computer terminal, personal computer and related printers
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.
MEMBER FDIC – EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other and/or different tasks be performed as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Herring Bank was founded in 1899, by Colonel Herring. Colonel Herring lived in Vernon, TX and saw a need for a bank. The cattleman would drive their cattle from Oklahoma through Vernon to Fort Worth to sell their cattle. When the cattleman sold their cattle and they went back to Oklahoma they were loaded with cash. Oklahoma was know as the badlands for a good reason, when the cattleman crossed in to Oklahoma they could lose their life and it was a sure bet that they would lose their money. With a bank in Vernon, TX, Herring Bank, they could deposit their funds and when they crossed into Oklahoma, the badlands, they would not lose their money, so the thieves had no reason to rob them
At Herring Bank we “Build Relationships for a Lifetime” come join us at our family owned bank.
Company Website: www.herringbank.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)